On October 6, 1946, Concordia Lutheran Church of Granite City, under the leadership of Pastor A.O. Gebauer, started a branch Sunday School in the Nameoki Village Hall (the old fire station). One year later, the Mission Board of the Southern Illinois District engaged Seminarian John Constable to work in the Nameoki area and to begin regular services. The Rev. G.K. Schmidt was installed as the first resident pastor. Property on Wabash Avenue was purchased and members themselves built the first unit, now the parish hall. Its cornerstone was placed in 1950, with the dedication in 1951. Ground-breaking for expanded facilities was in 1965, with morning, afternoon, and evening services of dedication conducted February 29, 1966.
Our Pastoral history:
Rev. G.K. Schmidt, May 1949 – June 1959
Dr. Alfred Buls, July 1960 – July 1967
Rev. Frank E. Schultz, November 1967 – October 1968
Rev. J. Louis Oetting, November 1969 – November 1973
Dr. David Fielding, February 1974 – June 2015
Rev. Alan Beuster, June 2015 – present